вторник, 28 мая 2013 г.

Film Review 4

                   The Great Gatsby

The Great Gatsby is a romantic drama film. An adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's 1925 novel of the same name.It follows the life and times of millionaire Jay Gatsby and his neighbor Nick, who recounts his encounter with Gatsby at the height of the Roaring Twenties.
Cast:
Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby
Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway
Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan
Joel Edgerton as Tom Buchanan
Isla Fisher as Myrtle Wilson
Elizabeth Debicki as Jordan Baker
Adelaide Clemens as Catherine
Jason Clarke as George Wilson
Amitabh Bachchan as Meyer Wolfsheim
Max Cullen as Owl Eyes
Brendan Maclean as Klipspringer
Jack Thompson as Nick Carraway's Doctor, Walter Perkins
Gemma Ward as Languid Girl
Callan McAuliffe as Young Jay Gatsby
Gus Murray as Teddy Barton
Stephen James King as Nelson
Director: Baz Luhrmann

 Midwesterner Nick Carraway is lured into the lavish world of his neighbor, Jay Gatsby. Soon enough, however, Carraway will see through the cracks of Gatsby's nouveau rich existence, where obsession, madness, and tragedy await.  

 First of all I can say that I was waiting for this film.Jay Gatsby is a mysterious Long Island Millionaire with mob connections, who throws huge parties nightly in the hope that they will lure the now remarried love of his life.I have reached this novel and the film is not disappointed me.It is a wonderful, sincere film.
  As for the cast,it is perfect. Reading the book I imagined the main characters,but these actors were  really tremendeous and impressive. DiCaprio carries the role off reasonably well; he is probably the only possible casting and Mulligan's Daisy has gentleness and vulnerability.Their initial intimate meeting over tea in Nick's cottage, has some charge, and DiCaprio and Mulligan handle it well.Joel Edgerton was very good!He is juxtaposed to Gatsby,the husband of Daisy,he was a real aristocrat!
 I can't but mention the soundtrack of the movie.It conveys the atmosphere of that time, I can imagine the great parties,with dancing girls and with a lot of bottles of champaign.This song perfectly suits to this film.
  I an deeply impressed by this film,it gives much room for meditation.As a reader and as a viewer I was very sad at the end of the film and the book.I really sympathize to Gatsby and the last phylosophical speech  was great.This film is very touching,exciting and highly - emotional.I will advice everyone to visit the cinema in order to watch this unique film!

1 комментарий:

  1. FAIR!
    SLIPS:
    ... I was LOOKING FORWARD TO this film.
    I have READ this novel and the film HAS not disappointed me.
    ETC

    ОтветитьУдалить